Tier Level II Position (Branch Head)
Reports to the Chief of Operations; or the Chief of Staff in the absence of the COO
CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS (CNO). Coordinates and oversees force activities and serves as the primary liaison with the Naval chapters through the Zone Coordinators and matters pertaining to operational Naval forces within MFI. Coordinates the various departments within their purview and oversees their smooth operation through liaison with the department heads and the COO.
Email your application to the Chief of Communications. Applicants should submit a resume of what positions they currently hold in MFI, as well as what "leadership" positions (Real or Fan based) they've held in the past. Applicants for the position will ensure they are not in
violation of the "one hat per tier level" rule. In other words, they cannot hold a position of comparable responsibility elsewhere in MFI. Accepting this position may require relinquishing a parallel duty.
- Applicant must have been in MFI longer than one year and at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a sense of humor/tact and the ability to work calmly with a variety of people and personalities.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and maintain web pages in "Wiki format", (or genuinely show an interest to learn) and have an MFI-Wiki User account.
Duty examples for CNO:
- Solicit reports from the Zone Coordinators for Naval Units within their purview.
- Submit regular articles to the BADLANDS on happenings within the Naval Branch.
- Build and maintain a staff to support the Naval Branch and lower echelons if appropriate.
- Communicate as necessary with the MFI members via the public listserv, Naval listserv, and/or private email concerning matters pertaining to the Naval Branch.