Diplomatic Corps/IKEF Accord
between Maquis Forces International and the Imperial Klingon Expeditionary Forces, negotiated by Ambassadors of these respective governments.
All diplomatic dialogue will take place between designated representatives of both groups. Unless otherwise specified, the chief diplomatic representative from Maquis Forces International will be Rear Admiral Charles Thomas Parks, Chief of Operations; the chief diplomatic representative from the Imperial Klingon Expeditionary Forces will be Fleet Admiral Todd Bowman (Zarcon zantai-Ta’raQ), Chief of Fleet Operations.
PART I - PREAMBLE
The terms and conditions having been negotiated and agreed to be identically understood, Maquis Forces International and the Imperial Klingon Expeditionary Forces mutually pledge to each other their solemn word for the following purposes, effective Stardate 0502.20
- to reconfirm the balance of power in the Quadrants while accepting each other as worthy opponents in role-play and partner in matters of real life;
- to define a stable and lasting relationship and understanding between these two governments; a relationship which relies on communication, cooperation in mutually beneficial activities and the pursuit of peaceful enjoyment of their respective organizations in the STAR TREK Universe.
PART II - DECLARATION
Let it be known that the representatives of Maquis Forces International, hereafter known as MFI, and the Imperial Klingon Expeditionary Forces, hereafter known as the IKEF, declare that an alliance has been formed for the mutual benefit of their respective organizations.
PART THREE - PURPOSE
This Alliance does not denote any implication of a merger, or coup de etat, but to strengthen the individual organizations in the world of fandom and promote good will between organizations of similar interests and concerns.
PART IV - STATEMENT OF SEPARATE ENTITIES
Under the provisions of the Alliance, MFI and IKEF will remain separate entities governed by their established organizational bylaws and guidelines. This Alliance does not grant permission to present or future member(s) of said Alliance to exercise any type of control of member organizations.
PART V - PROVISIONS
The Alliance consists of the following provisions. These provisions may be amended by mutual agreement of the member organizations.
1. A continuing dialog through correspondence or face-to-face encounters between diplomatic representatives of the respective organizations for the exchange of information concerning the STAR TREK Universe and for their direct discussion, enabling further growth for both organizations.
- Diplomats are not only seen as representatives of their government. Preventing misjudgment and underestimation while supervising rights, honor and interests of their organizations and their members, but also as individuals being a positive example for the whole of fandom, openly-minded they support interaction between the individual chapters and the organizations.
2. A continuing dialog through the contact between individual members: members of the organizations who participate within the Alliance may attend meetings and functions as guests (non-voting members) and will be given the respect due to an ally by the host organization.
3. A continuing dialog through role-play between chapters and members of the respective organizations to support the aims, purposes, spirit, and philosophy of the Prime Directive and the Way of the Warrior. 3.1. The members of the respective organizations are 3.1.1. - welcome guests at any meeting of the respective organizations:
- As a guest, they will act as observers only; however, they may add input based on experience or knowledge.
- The guest will be accorded the respect due to him or her as a diplomatic representative.
3.1.2. - invited to take part in role-playing games (PBM/LARP).
4. A translation of the Prime Directive and the Way of the Warrior. 4.1. Both organizations – MFI and IKEF -- are not forums for either political, or religious debate, nor are they vehicles of ambition. 4.2. Any form of competition exist only in the realm of fantasy.
MFI and IKEF commit themselves to the rule of equal rights, equal dignity, and mutual respect for all species, life forms, and sentient beings.
4.3. All representatives of the undersigned organizations shall take seriously any violation of one of these principles filed against a member of one organization by a member of another organization. 4.4. It is agreed to appropriately investigate such allegations, involving all necessary levels of the organization necessary to resolve and ameliorate said situation.
5. An agreement of mutual assistance: 5.1. MFI may turn to IKEF when needed and if required by the principles of the Prime Directive and the Way of the Warrior. 5.2. IKEF may turn to MFI under the same options. 5.3. This agreement may also include newsletter exchanges, cultural exchanges, and links between web pages, etc.
6. Disagreement between individual organizations -- 6.1 - will be arbitrated in an open forum by the governing bodies of the interested organizations. 6.2. If the matter cannot be settled by mutual agreement, an objective third party member may be selected to hear the arbitration.
7. Members may enter into open discussion with other fandom organizations. 7.1. Admission into this Alliance is by mutual agreement of both parties at the time of petition or request.
8. Dual Membership 8.1. If a member of the IKEF chooses to hold membership in MFI, they may do so. 8.1.1. The IKEF member shall begin this new membership with the respective rank of a new member. 8.1.2. Rank progression shall occur as per MFI protocol. 8.1.3. When participating in any MFI activity, the IKEF/MFI member shall be subject to MFI procedures, since they are acting as a MFI member. 8.1.4. If the IKEF/MFI member commits a violation of MFI rules/procedures, he shall be adjudicated under MFI auspices. 8.2 Sections 8.1 through 8.1.4 shall also apply where a member of MFI holds membership in IKEF.
PART VI – SIGNATURES/FULL POWER STATEMENT
I, Rear Admiral Charles Thomas Parks, Chief of Operations, having read the terms of this accord do hereby certify that I am a diplomatic representative of the Maquis Forces International with full powers to execute this accord on behalf of Maquis Forces International.
I, Fleet Admiral Todd Bowman (Zarcon zantai-Ta’raQ), having read the terms of this accord, do hereby certify that I am Chief of Fleet Operations of the Imperial Klingon Expeditionary Forces’ Imperial Ministry of State with the full power to execute this accord on behalf of this government.
|Star Trek®,StarTrek.com, Star Trek: The Next Generation®, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine®, Star Trek: Voyager®, and Enterprise® are registered trademarks of CBS Paramount Television & Viacom. All material found on these pages are for promotional purposes only. No infringements on their copyright is intended. These are Star Trek Fan Pages.|