Diplomatic Corps/UFPI Treaty
Between Maquis Forces International and United Federation of Planets, Internationalé, as negotiated by Ambassadors of these respective governments.
All diplomatic dialogue will take place between designated representatives of both groups. Unless otherwise specified, the chief diplomatic representative from Maquis Forces International will be designated by MFI’s Diplomatic Corps; the chief diplomatic representative from United Federation of Planets, Internationalé will be designated by UFPI’s Diplomatic Chief.
PART I - PREAMBLE
The terms and conditions having been negotiated and agreed to be identically understood, Maquis Forces International and the United Federation of Planets, Internationalé mutually pledge to each other their solemn word for the following purposes, effective Stardate 09.01.07.
· to reconfirm the balance of power in the Quadrants while accepting each other as worthy opponents in role-play and partners in matters of real life;
· to define a stable and lasting relationship and understanding between these two organizations; a relationship which relies on communication, cooperation in mutually beneficial activities and the pursuit of peaceful enjoyment of their respective organizations in the STAR TREK Universe.
PART II - DECLARATION
The representatives of Maquis Forces International, hereafter known as MFI, and the United Federation of Planets, Internationalé, hereafter known as the UFPI, declare that an alliance has been formed for the mutual benefit of their respective organizations.
PART THREE - PURPOSE
This Alliance does not denote any implication of a merger, or coup d'état, but to strengthen the individual organizations in the world of fandom and promote good will between organizations of similar interests and concerns.
· This document is not to be construed as being a legal, or binding contract of any kind by either organization.
PART IV - STATEMENT OF SEPARATE ENTITIES
Under the provisions of the Alliance, MFI and UFPI will remain separate entities governed by their established organizational bylaws and guidelines. This alliance does not grant permission to current or future members of this Alliance to exercise any type of control over member organizations.
PART V - PROVISIONS
The Alliance consists of the following provisions. These provisions may be amended by mutual agreement of the member organizations.
1. A continuing dialog through correspondence or face-to-face encounters between diplomatic representatives of the respective organizations for the exchange of information concerning the STAR TREK Universe and for their direct discussion, enabling further growth for both organizations.
· Diplomats are to be seen only as representatives of their organizations not decision makers. Preventing misjudgment and underestimation while supervising rights, honor and interests of their organizations and their members, but also as individuals being a positive example for the whole of fandom, openly-minded they support interaction between the individual chapters and the organizations.
2. A continuing dialog through contact between individual members. Members of the organizations who participate within the Alliance may attend meetings and functions as guests (non-voting members) and will be given the respect due to an ally by the host organization.
3. A continuing dialog through role-play between chapters and members of the respective organizations to support the goals, purposes, spirit, and philosophy of the Prime Directive.
3.1. The privileges due members of the respective organizations are as follows:
3.1.1. - the privilege to attend any open meeting of the respective organizations:
· As a guest, they will act as observers only; however, they may add input based on experience or knowledge.
· The guest will be accorded the respect due to him or her as a diplomatic representative.
3.1.2. – upon invitation, the privilege to participate in open role-playing games (PBM/LARP).
4. A translation of the Prime Directive:
4.1. Both organizations – MFI and UFPI -- are not forums for either political, or religious debate, nor are they vehicles of real world ambition.
4.2. Any form of competition exists only in the realm of fantasy.
4.3. MFI and UFPI commit themselves to the rule of equal rights, equal dignity, and mutual respect for all species, life forms, and sentient beings.
4.4. All representatives of the undersigned organizations shall take seriously any violation of one of these principles filed against a member of one organization by a member of another organization.
4.5. It is agreed to appropriately investigate such allegations, involving all necessary levels of the organization required to resolve and improve said situation.
5. An agreement of mutual assistance:
5.1. MFI may turn to UFPI when needed and if required by the principles of the Prime Directive.
5.2. UFPI may turn to MFI under the same options.
5.3. This agreement may also include newsletter exchanges, cultural exchanges, and links between web pages, etc.
6. Disagreement between individual organizations --
6.1 - will be arbitrated in an open forum by the governing bodies of the interested organizations.
6.2. If the matter cannot be settled by mutual agreement, an objective third party member, agreed upon by both parties involved, may be selected to hear the arbitration.
7. Members may enter into open discussion with other fandom organizations concerning the Alliance.
7.1. Admission into this Alliance is by mutual agreement of both organizations at the time of petition or request.
8. Dual Membership
8.1. If a member of UFPI chooses to hold membership in MFI, they may do so.
8.1.1. The UFPI member shall begin this new membership with the respective rank of a new member.
8.1.2. Rank progression shall occur as per MFI protocol.
8.1.3. When participating in any MFI activity, the Dual Member shall be subject to MFI procedures, since they are acting as a MFI member.
8.1.4. If the Dual Member commits a violation of MFI rules/procedures, said Member shall be adjudicated under MFI auspices.
8.2 Sections 8.1 through 8.1.4 shall also apply where a member of MFI holds membership in UFPI.
9. At no time will UFPI be responsible for any other accords or agreements entered into by MFI, and MFI to UFPI in like, unless documented in an amendment to this primary agreement.
PART VI – SIGNATURES/FULL POWER STATEMENT
Having read the terms of this accord, I do hereby certify that I am a diplomatic representative of the Maquis Forces International with full powers to execute this accord on behalf of Maquis Forces International.
Force Flight Colonel David J. Stayduhar, Maquis Diplomatic Corps: Deputy Director
Maquis Forces International
Having read the terms of this accord, do hereby certify that I am a diplomatic representative of The United Federation of Planets, Internationalé with the full power to execute this accord on behalf of The United Federation of Planets, Internationalé.
Fleet Admiral David Nottage, Commander and Chief, Fleet Operations
United Federation of Planets, Internationalé