Maquis Forces International
Note: For the purposes of Simming and other fandom events Christina Doane has two personas, one is her Marine Bajoran. The other a Vulcan/Human governmental leader. For her RL bio please see the bottom. Thanks!
Maquis Marine Persona
Name: General Trentin Anara
Birthdate: July 31st
Height/Weight: 5 ft 8 in, 145 lbs
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Black
Physical Description: Trentin is a moderately sized person with black hair She was always athletic and likes to run in the holodeck and practice with a metal quarterstaff her brother made for her. Enjoys physical meditative exercises.
Anara can be a thoughtful person who loves her people and will always hate the Cardassians she enjoys being around others as she has a very positive personality, the tougher the situation the more jokes she will make. Course this could just be a smart alec issue. She enjoys going to some parties, but tends to be pretty dedicated to what she considers her duty.. She is of a peacemaker mentality though is ready and able to use force as needed, along the lines of simply not wanting to bother but is happy to obliged if pushed.
Personal History: Anara was born in Jalanda on Bajor and she was raised on a small plot of land with her parents and sibilings. Anara has 1 older brother and two younger sisters. The Brother is in the Bajoran Militia as a Major.
Anara had a pretty normal childhood....well normal for bajor anyway. Both her parents were in resistance cells as was her older brother as she and her sisters grew they too took on more and more of the responsibility. Anara had been on many ground raids until Bajor was free sometime during her teen years. She always intensely curious, especially about things which she didn't know anything about... and made every effort to learn, after all... you never knew what would come back and get you because you weren't ready for it. Her Mother's brother is in the Ambassadorial Corps, and two cousins in Starfleet one is an ship XO and another in Starfleet intel. Her mother is an Author and her father is a musician, both reservists in the militia (of course). The fact that their creative outlets were able to function in spite of the occupation is amazing. Anara decided to get a job on DS9 so she trained as an engineer. The next four years were grueling but she eagerly took on the challenge as she did everything with an intense focus.
Once she decided something was important, failure never crossed her mind. She graduated fairly high in her class and was assigned to the station until she came across some Maquis hiding on the station they'd gotten from Bajor to the station but there was a lock down looking for them and they'd never get any further not without help...
Knowing her hatred of the Cardassians would make her at least listen to him Eddington eventually recruited her into the Maquis, knowing he had an ally when she looked the other way in the escape she simply went with them. Sending a message to her family in the familial code they worked out years before, she was sure they would understand. She gradually worked her way into different positions within the maquis, commanding first her ship then entire Maquis sections. Her Ship the MFS Liberty a Nova Class Vessel, is dedicated to the principles of the Maquis...in their own odd fashion *grin*, http://www.freewebs.com/mfsliberty/
Father – Trentin Azin
Mother – Trentin Meru
Brother – Trentin Antos
Playing Chess, practicing hand to hand combat and with her quarterstaff, running and reading. And taking classes at the Maquis Training Camp aka the Academy.
In MFI she commanded the MFS Liberty and when that was unfortunately lost in battle she commanded the MFS Liberty A. After acting as a Zone Coordinator for a few chapters she was recruited to develop the groundpounder side of the force(insert own joke here). Working whereever needed she's worked in the Academy, as a TRADOC, Marine Deputy, and Commandant. She is currently special advisor to the MFMC staff in addition to other duties. She also fell in with a couple of creative troublemakers at SKUNKWERKS Rearch and Development Facility...their trouble but at least their on our side *grin*.
Earned MFI Awards:
Maquis Coordinator Persona
Physical description: lean but athletic
Spouse: Human: Eric O'Halloran.
Children: Two girls T'pase, Alora
Other Family: assorted other family members.
She is a controlled person overall. She is careful what she says, especially to new people tends to be formal until she feels comfortable then people are more likely to get to know her and her odd sense of sometimes dry humor. She is loyal and protective nature, is known to the rock of calm logic upon which one can rest. While she has human emotions is not emotional overall and keeps head in a crisis.
She is a bit of an intellectual and when she has the time focuses on anything that engages her. Primarily interested in the fields of history and philosophy. Tends to be curious and open minded, young for a Vulcan she is still exploring the universe and all its curiosities.
Peace with Justice in her own time. Does not expect it but works towards it insomuch as she can.
Interests: Besides her work and family she enjoys 3-D Chess and other games of strategy, most especially with her combat commanders who give the greatest challenges. Enjoys a variety of vulcan instruments. Also knows Galactic Standard, Vulcan, Romulan, Klingon, and Bajoran.
Background: Went to the Vulcan Academy of Political Science, fascinated by the organic nature of government and its interdependence in its various parts to function. As well as history and universal philosophy's. She studied a great deal finally graduating then going to work for the Vulcan government in a variety of posts. At one point meeting a human scientist who was working on curing a food shortage in Mixas 3 where she was part of a team trying to mediate a peace settlement between the two warring factions. After awhile she decided she needed more practical experience in the full range of governmental policy options, and having a desire to serve, joined the Vulcan Defense Force. The closest thing they had to a military, outside of Starfleet, as a reservist. It was this experience that enabled her to study with greater understanding the situation in the DMZ with the Maquis, Cardassians, and Federation. She understood the maxim that the 'good of the many must outweigh the needs of the few' but it was difficult as she helped in outreach programs to the innocents harmed to ignore the logic that one who could allow such suffering to continue was somehow a party to it. It seemed to her that the Cardassians were taking full advantage of the Federations need for an end to their decades long war. And the Federation, high of ideals, had tired of the bloodshed and seemed to be hoping that if they simply didn't see the excesses of the Cardassians in the area they wouldn't have to react. The Cardassians, long afraid that every other race was out to get them, made their own nightmares come true. They, by their own actions, helped make the stubborn Federation Leave Behinds react negatively.
She had been part of the team that had advised the Bajoran Rebel Leadership when they fought for their home and so when contacts from those days came visiting with new persons who representing The Maquis (alliance, confederation, what did we agree to call this in game?), she heard them out. Her involvement was very step by step. At first it was advice, there were certain tactics that while they may be helpful in the short term was not helpful to any long term plan for Independence. Especially if they wanted recognition from others. Eventually and with all due logic helped them move into a more universally defensible stance in regards to their actions and government. Over time as they moved more and more into a proper government-in-exile, she helped them more and more. Supported by her husband, a scientist, they helped as they could. Eventually she resigned her positions to help more directly. She took different positions within the New Maquis Government eventually becoming their Coordinator. Now the Maquis are a proper government, no longer in exile. No longer scattered survivors but a government recognized by all and she now leads them as best she can with honor and logic as her guides but that doesn't mean the danger is passed. Her goal is to work toward Peace With Justice. For she feels to have the first one must have the other.
Real Life File
G'Kar from Babylon 5 said one of my favorite quotes:
"There is a greater darkness then the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos, and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope. The death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born, in pain.'"-
It sounds cheesy but while one must be practical I am big on keeping hope alive, it seems to help :).
I got married in 2003 to a wonderful(when he doesn't annoy me, lol) man James Doane, I am currently investigating masters programs, lucky me *grin*. I am interested in just about all sci fi and fantasy, though my perm favs are Star Trek, Babylon 5, and Dr. Who. I will forever be impressed by the Human ability to imagine.
Also like Monty Python, in fact it might be easier to list what I don't like. *grin*. Ren faires, medieval groups like the SCA, games, are all some of my interests. I also am an officer in the Civil Air Patrol. I am in a Michigan unit. I am trained to go on search and rescue missions, lost plane searches, ELT Missions, and Disaster Relief. I am also fully qualified Red Cross First Aid/CPR Instructor within my County as well as a Red Cross Volunteer. I walk yearly with a team for Relay for Life, a cancer research fundraising event. I am also pretty good with paperwork but I think my husband just says that because he doesn't want to do it lol. I suppose I could add alot more here but I don't want to bore anyone lol. Besides fandom me is much more interesting then RL me :D.
Quote to Live by:
"Do the best you can, with where you are and what you have."
I keep hearing quotes here and there in Star Trek and other sources that I think are pretty cool so I've decided to start listing them below. Just quotes I like to mull over from time to time.
- "Do the best you can, with where you are and what you have."- T. Roosevelt
- "They are born explorers.." Kes, VOY, Episode 'The Cloud.'
- "Live Long And Prosper", Vulcan Blessing
- "Seize the time...Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)
- "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Captain Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie (The Drumhead)
- "We do exactly what we would do if this Q never existed. If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for who we really are" -- Captain Picard (Encounter At Farpoint)
- "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error..."-President T. Roosevelt
- "I have a dream; a dream that all people -- human, Jem'Hadar, Ferengi, Cardassians -- will someday stand together in peace... around my Dabo tables." -- Quark (The Search)
- "I thought Starfleet rules said that was an unacceptable risk, going back to save him" -- Lt. Dolby..It was, however I recently realized there are times when it is desirable to bend the rules" -- Tuvok, VOY (Learning Curve)
- "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"-President J.F Kennedy
- "get 'er done!"-Larry the Cable Guy
- "Fear exists for one purpose: to be conquered" -- Janeway (The Thaw)
- "Ever since my first day on the job as a Starfleet Captain, I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these Godforsaken paradoxes. The past is the future, the future is the past, it all gives me a headache." -- Janeway (Future's End Pt. I)
- "A stranger is a friend you just haven't met yet." -- Captain Kathryn Janeway (Fair Haven)
- "Where there is life, there is hope."- Dr. Who, Planet of the Spiders.
- "There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea is asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace; we've got work to do!" Dr. Who. The Doctor's final words, in "Survival"
- "Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.”-Dr. Who.
- "Dreams are important... never underestimate them."-Dr. Who
- "As we learn about each other, so we learn about ourselves."-Dr. Who.
- Dr. Who: What is Clarke's 3rd Law? Ace: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Dr. Who: Well the reverse is true."-Dr. Who, Last Battlefield.
- "I saw amazing things, out there in space--but there is strangeness to be found, wherever you turn. Life on Earth can be an adventure too... you just need to know where to look!"-Sarah Jane, Sarah Jane Adventures.
- "You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." Ben Kanobi, Star Wars: A New Hope. "..yeah villainy!"-CD.
- "Be Excellent To Each Other." Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Bill.
--General Mayhem 07:58, 1 April 2006 (PST)