|MFI Ops Sub-Directory: Engineering and Research Group|
|Eng Home | SkunkWerks R&D | Labs | Maquis Corps of Engineers | COO Office | Console | (Projects: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) | Turtles|
Note: Maquis Labs is rumored to be a secretive section of Maquis R & D
- C L A S S I F I E D __ U L T R A __ S E C R E T
- RESTRICTED DISSEMINATION
TECHNICAL REPORT/INTEL BRIEFINGS
BREEN CONFEDERACY Ships
Breen Battle Cruiser
- Gor Taan-class
- Chel Grett-class
- 420m long // 365m wide // 97m beam
- 20 decks // 630 crew
- cruise warp 6 // max warp 9.6 (4 hour increments)
- 2 to 3 mk-75 Photon Torpedo Launchers
- One out of ten torpedoes is Transphasic.
- These are NOT as powerful as the Federation variant that destroys Borg Cubes.
- Primarily this weaker version grants an additional 40 percent chance of breaching shielding.
- 2 type-X Disruptors
- Energy Dampening Weapon // Energy Dissipator
- This is believed an offshoot application of a former Tholian energy weapon.
- When the Federation Alliance first faced this weapon, the effect was total domination.
- Energy is drained from the target paralyzing propulsion, weapons, and shields leaving the drained target at the mercy of conventional weapons.
- A twist of fate allowed a single Klingon ship to escape the effect due to a chance modification of the Tritium Intermix Chamber.
- This would only work for Klingon designed ships.
- A solution to overcome this weapon came later for other Allied ships.
- One in five Breen ships still mount this weapon.
- Four of five have been retro-fitted with a Polaron Beam Emitter instead.
- Phased Polaron Beam
- Replaces energy dampening weapon.
- 14 Breen Fighters are carried on each ship.
- Cloaking Device
- Stochastic Field Emitters
- These emitters strengthen the normal shields.
- Breen ships are known for superior manuverability, perhaps due to piloting skills.
- Some systems are organic in construction, possibly a weakness.
- An apparent weakness has been located in the aft impulse manifolds.
- Data unknown and pending
- Limited data, more pending
- About half are armed with a single polaron beam with 2 disruptors.
- The other half are armed with a Photon Torpedo launcher and 2 disruptors.
General Weapon Files
Plasma Wave Generator
A plasma wave is a type of weapon used by the Cardassians that emits an omnidirectional burst of plasma, creating an energetic wave that is nearly impossible to evade. The weapon is most useful when used against multiple small targets, as it allows the user to attack several targets at once.
- Credited to Memory Alpha